Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Diary of Vera Claythorne

There are only three of us left. Me, Blore, and Lombard. I don't know what happened to Amstrong, but I believe he is dead. I can't go back to the house. I am too scared. It is risky. Lombard assured me that I would be safe in my room with the doors locked. I didn't trust him. I didn't trust anybody anymore!I couldn't go back into the house. I would starve myself. People go days without any food. I could live off air.

I heard an earthquake. Me and Lombard went to check it out. We found Blore's dead body mangled by a big piece of marble. They were out to get me next. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to protect myself. Lombard had the revolver, and I had to use it for my own protection. We spotted some clothes far away on a huge rock. We ran to see if it was Armstrong's.I finally arrived at the rock. It wasn't Armstrong's clothes, it was Armstrong smashed between two big rocks.

I managed to grab the revolver away from Lombard. I couldn't take it. I shot him! I returned to the house knowing that all the chaos was over. I tried to remember the end of the nursery rhyme. "One little Indian boy left all alone, he got married and then there were none." Is that how it went? I returned to the house knowing that Hugo would be waiting for me. I opened the door. I gasped. In the middle of the room, there was a rope with a noose, and a chair under it. This is what Hugo wanted, he wanted me to die. I suddenly remembered the last quote of the rhyme "One Little Indian boy left all alone, he went and hanged himself, and then there were none." I stood up on the chair, put my neck in the noose, and kicked the chair away.

-Vera Claythorne

No comments: